Monday, December 03, 2012

Sometimes it feels like a heartbreak, because so many others who still have theirs can't even be bothered to call and say hello

I'm always happy here. Don't need a popular footballer to justify my love for this place.

I miss Dusun Muda. I miss sleeping to the harmony of frogs croaking and being startled by the roosters crowing way too early in the morning. I miss waking up to get breakfast from the sundry shop. I miss being paranoid about the neighbour's geese. I miss the creaking sound of the wooden floor. I miss entering a house from the back/kitchen door instead of the front. I miss playing in the rain. I miss air hujan cucur atap. I miss the hammock under the house, and how the ground was always damp and cool down there. I miss being excited over that piece of plank in the master bedroom because it could be removed and I really thought it's a secret emergency exit if orang jahat broke in. I miss the pink guava and buah katak puru trees in our compound.

I miss a lot of things that I can never experience anymore, let alone to have a go at them again with my child(ren). And on top of it all...

...I really miss my grandmother now.

:'(


No comments: