Tuesday, September 21, 2010

There is no umpire in this match (not made in heaven)

Strike two. One more and you leave the batter plate. Wait, you or me? Yeah it should be you cos I think I'm the one pitching the ball.

As always my throws don't fall in the right zone and after four tries you get a free walk. But did you ever realise that a free walk only gets you as far as first base? To return to home base you need other people to give you the leverage. Do you think you can complete the whole inning on your own? There are no other batters after you, you know. Please realise that you're a team of one, and unless you hit the ball way beyond the outfielders and do a home run there is no way you will inch any further. Again, a free walk gets you only so far.

I know that the more I practice, the more I can perfect my pitching. Maybe you should improve your techniques so you swing the bat right, or work on your timing so you hit the ball on target. If all else fails you can just bunt. As long as it works you should try.

In the meantime, I can settle with training sessions without you. At least I have friends who can play catcher. Baling bola kat pagar pun okay. Ada jugak tempat I nak mark target.

How about you? You have a plan yet?

No comments: