Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am Malay. How?

An article on TIME: Living in Malaysia's Melting Pot - http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2013703,00.html?

****
I am proud of my roots but I do know that I also can't afford to live in denial. While going through this photojournal, I thought a lot. I also felt compelled to forward it to my young, naïve classmate who thinks politics (the Malay kind if you know what I mean) makes the world go round.

Girl you should actually be ashamed of your 'fight' and please acknowledge that I pity you and your upbringing. I bet your parents deliberately forgot to teach you that politics mean CAKAP BANYAK, HABUK TARAK, KISS ASS JE LEBIH. I'm not even apologetic with my loathe towards you.

It's Ramadhan and I can't contain my pent-up frustration. That's the only disappointment I have with myself. Other than that, I'll just go strictly business. No more Miss Nice with peeps who don't know how to reciprocate. There are others who better deserve my attention.

Note: This is an exhaustion and lack of sleep entry. Imagine the amount of anger if I have all the energy.

2 comments:

P. said...

Unfortunately too many 'naive' people around who are ignorant. They will never realise that all these racial and religious hate is fanned by politicians desperate to hold on to power.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I love the way you put this.

fulltimemom