Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adoi adoi my knees hurt!

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh i finished my first 10K run...


and so did Nonie and HRH Ki-Moira!!!

I am thankful to God because the early morning drizzle was only, well, in the early morning.

I am thankful to God that despite not being able to locate my babes before the race started our promise to finish within the qualifying time kept me motivated, finishing merely 3 minutes apart from them.

I am thankful to God for having Hazlan pushing me through the race especially at times when my legs felt like giving up. We learnt so much from today's run, eh dahling?
(Lesson: Please feel kesian for your friends who have to put up with your lovers' squabble.)


I am thankful to God for kedai mamak ABC Shamelin Perkasa which serves the perfect concoction of pre-race Neslo panas for my energy boost (no need expensive PowerGel).

I am thankful to God for all the good people who supported my running in this race by donating to my cause, National Autism Society of Malaysia. Bless them. Really, I can't thank you enough. This has tremendously made my first long distance run meaningful.

For the record, I loathed running in my formative years. Merentas desa was a lenggang kangkung trip for moi. Ahahahaha all you thin and Indian kids in school 'eat my shorts' now!!!

Also thank you Babes for queueing up again, and for the longest time ever, to teman me collect my finisher's medal. Ye, I malulah nak bukak keluar plastik dan pakai masa tu tapi sekarang menyesal sebab gambar macam beli kat KL Marathon souvenir kiosk pulak ngehehehe...

Note to organiser:

PLEASE PROVIDE MORE PISANG BECAUSE WE DID NOT MANAGE TO SECURE ANY AND HEY THAT'S REALLY BAD BECAUSE AS YOU SAY IN THE BOOKLET WE NEED TO REPLENISH OUR ENERGY AFTER THE RUN.

NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE REDUCED MY FRIENDS TO:

Makan nasik lemak okeh?


2 comments:

Oimira said...

haha i love you babe!

Iron Butterfly said...

Nadd!!!

serious, mu hot gilo ok!