Friday, June 29, 2012

Not Exactly Rocket Science to Feed Yourself

My sister made me soy milk from scratch over the weekend because I pulled the pregnant momma trick and had asked her too. She probably last made it when she was still in school back in the yonder years, so it came to no surprise that the result was errrr....somewhat 'scratchy' too. It was way too thick and Sarah was such a dear to have significantly reduced the sugar because of my GD. Tastes like chalk. 

No fun :-/

Fast forward to yesterday, I made the executive (pun intended, hah!) decision to be creative and let no soy 'concentrate' go to waste. It was a wise move. I was (and still am) very pleased with the outcome that had this been a company, a 5-month performance incentive would have been rewarded to every employee regardless of years of service or the invested amount of ass-kissing to commemorate this successful venture. 


Soy Berry Smoothie 

Half a mug of thick, home made soy milk
+
Some frozen mixed berries
+
A spoonful of Blue Bunny's fat-free, sugar-free brownie fudge ice cream

Blend and serve. 

***

Ideally, I should have doubled the stuff. Totally wanted seconds but there was none no more.

Blender courtesy of a wedding guest.
FINALLY one present un-boxed a few days shy of our 1st anniversary.
Waste as little as you can. 
Lick the jar clean if you wanna cos it's sooooooo-y berry sedap!


Little Pea gave her kicks of approval and I hope she sleeps soundly tonight. 
We're doing this again tomorrow, kiddo. Wooooohhooooo!

***

NB
Here in the "beautiful tropics", frozen berries are more wallet-friendly since they're about half the price of fresh ones.
God bless Cold Storage, for I do not yearn for the American farmers' market anymore.
Bitch slap me now, haha!



No comments: